Metocean Consultancy Services
Woods Hole Group undertakes site-specific, metocean design and operating criteria desk studies to characterize metocean conditions at offshore and coastal locations in support of existing and future developments and operational planning. Detailed metocean data and statistics can be required for a number of reasons:
- Providing the design basis for new marine assets and facilities.
- Providing the basis for extension or expansion of existing marine assets and facilities.
- Assessment of the fatigue life of marine assets and facilities and extending the operational life.
- Providing the basis for planning of marine operations.
- Assessing the potential operability and downtime statistics associated with marine operations.
In conducting these studies Woods Hole Group can provide scope of work guidance to Clients. We recommend the most suitable data sources in terms of data integrity and cost effectiveness, based on the required data deliverables. For such studies we typically use existing measured and modelled data sets and proprietary data that the Client may have access to.
Highly experienced Woods Hole Group oceanographers and engineers apply detailed statistical analyses techniques that meet or exceed industry standards to provide the specific data deliverables required by the Client. These include extreme value analysis to derive design values for key metocean parameters.
These advanced analysis techniques are combined with clear an unambiguous data presentations and comprehensive reports that cover the source data for the analyses, analysis techniques and discussion of results. Woods Hole Group personnel also provide presentations of the study results to Client personnel and contractors to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the report and data presentations.
Contact Woods Hole Group for your metocean data needs.