Terms and Conditions of Use
Please carefully read all the terms and conditions before using this Site. By using this Site, you expressly agree to them.
Woods Hole Group, Inc. reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and Legal Restrictions at any time. Be sure to check this page periodically for changes.
General: The content in this Site may be used for lawful purposes only. Unless otherwise stated herein:
1. Permission is given to view, print, and use the content in this Site only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that no copyright, service trademark, or other proprietary notices which accompany any such content are deleted or changed;
2. Content in this Site may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, downloaded, uploaded, posted, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Woods Hole Group, Inc.’s prior written consent;
3. Use of the content in this Site for any other purpose violates Woods Hole Group’s intellectual property rights; and
4. Nothing in this Site will be construed as conferring upon any user of this Site any license to any Woods Hole Group, Inc., or any third party’s, intellectual property rights.
Links to and links from this Site are subject to additional terms and conditions. Please read our Links and Linking terms and conditions carefully before using this Site.
Disclaimers: Woods Hole Group, Inc. makes a reasonable effort to include accurate, complete, and current information on this Site. However, Woods Hole Group, Inc. does not guarantee the correctness, accuracy, or reliability of any information contained herein.
CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. WOODS HOLE GROUP, INC. DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT:
1. ANY FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE;
2. ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR
3. THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Neither Woods Hole Group, Inc. nor any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Site will be liable to any other party for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of any access to, use of, inability to use this Site or any other website linked to this Site, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data on your equipment, or otherwise, even if Woods Hole Group, Inc. is expressly advised of the possibility or likelihood of such damages.
Use of Information Submitted: Woods Hole Group, Inc. strives to maintain control of this Site, within the constraints of current Internet technology. However, the e-mail facilities at this Site do not provide a means for completely secure and private communications. Like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, your e-mail may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and/or permission, while in transit to Woods Hole Group, Inc. Thus, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to Woods Hole Group, Inc. that you consider confidential. If you are concerned about maintaining confidentiality of information, you may contact Woods Hole Group, Inc. instead via telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on this Site. You agree that any comments, suggestions, or other information sent to Woods Hole Group, Inc. via this Site is provided without restriction or obligation on Woods Hole Group, Inc., and Woods Hole Group, Inc. will be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis. You also agree:
1. That information submitted is at your own risk;
2. Woods Hole Group, Inc. has no liability with respect to any unauthorized access by third parties;
3. You are responsible for whatever material you submit; and
4. You, not Woods Hole Group, Inc., have full responsibility for any submitted message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Woods Hole Group, Inc. may also, in its sole discretion, use what is known as “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is a data element sent to your browser by a website when you link to that website. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is then able to recognize repeat users and track usage patterns to better serve visitors when they return to that website. The cookie does not extract personal information, and most browsers provide a simple procedure that enables users to control whether or not they want to receive cookies or notifies them when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
Jurisdiction: Woods Hole Group, Inc. controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from its headquarters in East Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America, and makes no representation that any content contained in this Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing this Site or use of any of its content from locations where such use or content is illegal is prohibited. Notwithstanding the location from which you access this Site, or the laws of such location, you agree that the statutes and laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law, will apply to all matters relating to use of this Site and that, if you use this Site from any other location, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. If any part of these Terms and Conditions and Legal Restrictions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Copyright and Service/Trademarks: This Site and its contents are protected by copyright, all rights reserved. All works of authorship contained at this Site, including, but not limited to, text, images, and their arrangement, are owned by Woods Hole Group, Inc. (except as otherwise noted). "WHG, Woods Hole Group Middle East, WHGME, and other names appearing in a type form different from that of the surrounding text are service marks owned by or licensed to Woods Hole Group, Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates. Any other product name or company name mentioned in this Site may be a service/trademark of its owner. You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design, layout, or individual elements of this Site design without the express written permission of Woods Hole Group, Inc.
Revisions: Woods Hole Group, Inc. has no obligation to update any information or content on this Site, and information or content may be out of date at any given time. Woods Hole Group, Inc. may also make improvements and/or changes in the information or content contained in this Site at any time without prior notice.
Links and Linking: Links to other websites are provided as Internet navigation tools only. These other websites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by persons or entities independent of Woods Hole Group, Inc. Woods Hole Group, Inc. does not control these websites; nor does it guarantee the content, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of information on other websites. Linkage to other websites does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or preference by Woods Hole Group, Inc. The owners/operators of these websites do not necessarily endorse Woods Hole Group, Inc. products or services, nor are they responsible for the content of this Site. Woods Hole Group, Inc. is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use of, reference to, or reliance on such information.
Establishing a Link to This Site. Woods Hole Group, Inc. prohibits the use of the Woods Hole Group, Inc. logo as a "hot" link to this Site unless the establishment of such a link is approved in writing by Woods Hole Group, Inc. You may establish a hypertext link to this Site from your website provided that:
1. The link must be a text-only link clearly marked "Woods Hole Group";
2. The link must be to "http://www.woodsholegroup.com" or, for Woods Hole Group, Inc. clients and persons authorized to utilize Woods Hole Group, Inc. services, to a specific URL provided by Woods Hole Group, Inc.;
3. The appearance, position and other aspects of this link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Woods Hole Group, Inc. name and service/trademarks;
4. The appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that you or any other entity is associated with or sponsored by Woods Hole Group, Inc. (except to identify Woods Hole Group, Inc. as your service provider, if applicable);
5. The link, when activated by a user, must display Woods Hole Group, Inc. Site full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linked website.
Woods Hole Group, Inc. reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion. You may not, without obtaining Woods Hole Group, Inc.’s written permission, republish, redistribute or otherwise make any copies of the content on this Site as part of the link, including by framing or similar means, or otherwise.